Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my pen!!!

my uber rare pilot pen

when i found out that i was going to be sent to cali for training last '07, i decided to treat myself by getting an expensive pen. i'm not really a fan of fancy pens - mainly because i'm not used to writing anymore. i guess i just wanted to have something flashy to use when i needed to take down notes or sign documents and stuff. (chuckles evilly)

i didn't want to get a parker or a cross (mainstream! lame!) so i immediately asked my father if he had something in mind that fits my criteria. he pointed me to different spots and i found myself in binondo, talking to an old chinese guy who happened to be the local distributor of both parker and pilot pens. i didn't think i'd be getting a pen at his store but my interest was piqued when he mentioned that he had something from pilot that's never going to be released in the local market. when he told me the reason why (people found it too expensive), my heart dropped. i didn't think i'd be able to afford it. but the gods smiled at me that day and he offered me the pen at presyong puhunan! i'm not sure how much it would have cost if it did hit the market, but from what i've heard, the mark-up for these items usually range from 300-500%, sometimes even more!

so yeah. i love this pen. if i can't take it where i'm going, i keep it locked inside my pedestal. but i have lost this pen a lot of times already - more than i can count! last time i did, i almost gave up and even scouted for a suitable replacement. i almost got a parker urban - london cab rollerball! ODK! good thing it turned up again in my workstation last saturday morning. i guess my relationship with this pen is almost the same as what orpheus has with his earring: no matter how many times we lose them, they keep on turning right up. thank the gods! thank the gods!

13 comments:

  1. Sabi nga sa bubble gang:

    "For a long while you were lost, you'll return anyway...you'll return...anyway!"

    (Kay tagal mo mang nawala, babalik ka rin...babalik... ka rin!

    A sentimental song for something with so much sentimental value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. daigan:

    it took me a while before i realized that what you posted was a song.

    yan! LSS! waaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost of your pen would be a lost for me as well..no more pep...lols!


    "I never thought that a pen can go back on its own!"



    fishy..fishy..fishy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. jestee:

    if ever i would lose my pen for real (may the gods forbid that from ever happening), i'd never let that get in the way of us having pep each week. that's my commitment!

    you smell something? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude nakakatawa ka, of all things, bolpen pa tlga naisip mo, at talgang hinanting mo pa sya sa binondo!

    kung ako sayo gawin mo na nga ang sinabi ko, pikturan mo na lahat ng sides ng bolpen mo para kung sakaling mawala sya ulet makapag paskil ka na ng missing pen poster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lui, do you really believe that it is the Gods that control your fate? =)

    Please don't tell me your ballpen has a name? hehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. lemon:

    hm...i'll keep that in mind the next time it goes missing. *lol*

    i'm not sure why i wanted to have a pen at that time. maybe it was the gods' will? wahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jason:

    i believe that i am destined to control my own fate, if the gods are willing.

    and no, my pen is just a pen. i just go crazy whenever i lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. why didn't see that when we were in school together? back then, you were engrossed to anything that explodes (pasabog)... what happened? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. jason:

    i only got the pen last '07.

    and yeah, i was into anything that explodes...or is dead...wahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i will...watch out for me!!
    this is supposed to be a secret blog.
    Someone must have discovered it.haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. How much did you get this pen for, if you wouldn't mind my inquiring? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah! Got the pen, thanks to this post of yours! You were right, it didn't cost anywhere near a fortune!

    If you wouldn't mind, can we be pen collecting buddies? Haha. Message me via theworldgoessquare[AT]riotcontrol.in.

    ReplyDelete